The Power Vision Tune License Program is a provision that will allow a customer to tune multiple HD motorcycles with a single Power Vision. Each vehicle, or more specifically each ECM will require a unique Power Vision Tune License that needs to be "applied" to the Power Vision in order to actually flash, or tune that particular ECM. Once a license is "applied" the Power Vision device will recognize that bike each time it is connected going forward, there is no limit to the amount of bikes you can license. Once generated, a Power Vision Tune License can be applied to any Power Vision unit, it is not device specific.
The Power Vision and your computer both need to have the latest updates before beginning the Tune License process. Plug the PowerVision into the computer you are going to use for this process, then run the PV Update Client (Start, Programs or All Programs, Power Vision, PV Update). Check each item on the list, the Installed Version needs to match the Latest Version. If any item does not match, click on that line, and then click on Download and Install Selected Updates button below. This will update that line item. Once all of the line items are up to date, you are ready to proceed. You will use the procedure outlined below to generate two files from the bike you want to generate the license for; a STK and a DiagnosticsHistory.txt. Once we recieve these files a PV Tune License will be generated and emailed to you. This is offered as a same day service Monday-Friday, license requests that come in over the weekend are generated Monday morning.
UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!!
Retrieving ECM information
Information must be read and saved from the ECM before a Tune License can be issued.
- Attach the Power Vision to the motorcycle you need to retrieve the ECM data from with the supplied cable.
- NOTE: This is the bike you are adding to the Power Vision, not your existing motorcycle!
- Turn the ignition on and ensure that the kill switch is in the 'Run' position (your engine is not running).
- On the Power Vision main menu, touch 'Vehicle Tools'.
- Touch 'Read ECM' (A warning will pop up, touch 'Yes' to continue).
- You will be presented a 'Success' screen that will report the name of the file we will retrieve using your computer (ie 06-JAB-YNKX99M.stk)
- Touch 'OK' on the Power Vision screen and turn your ignition off.
- Disconnect the Power Vision from your vehicle.
- Connect your Power Vision to your computer using the provided USB cable.
- The Power Vision will boot up and says "PC Link Mode Active".
- Launch the WinPV Software on your computer.
- On the menu bar, go to "Power Vision", and choose "Diagnostic Test functions > Get ECM Data from PV”.
- A warning will pop up, click 'Yes' to continue.
- Highlight the STK file by left clicking on it. (In step 5, our STK file was named "06-JAB-YNKX99M.stk" however this file name will be slightly different for every motorcycle).
- Click on 'Get' and save to the default directory, C:\My Documents\Power Vision\Diagnostics.
- Repeat steps 11-14 to obtain the DiagnosticsHistory.txt from the Power Vision as well.
- Upon completion, the STK file and DiagnosticsHistory.txt can be emailed to the contact email supplied once the license is purchased and a Tune License will be generated